Monday, June 16, 2014

Big Strong Men


You see a man with a baby resting on a hip he has to lean sideways to make. A man with a flowery diaper bag over his shoulder. A big man talking softly while a small baby pulls at his facial hair. A sleepy man gently rocking a little one in the dim light at the start of a day. A strong man, sweaty from work, bent down to lightly kiss his child's cheek. A busy man whose desk is covered with pictures of a tiny smiling face. I see every man I love. My dad, my father-in-law, my husband. I see manly men.

Neither Josh nor I was raised by our biological fathers. We forget. Biology is meaningless. 

I love my dad beyond words. He's  stubborn, strong, hilarious, enthusiastic, a perfectionist, loving, gentle, and soothing. He hugs tight. He laughs loud. He yells at basketball games. He cries with happiness.  He's my dad. I'm his daughter. 

I love my father-in-law. He's quiet, strong, hard-working, loyal, kind beyond kind, gentle, welcoming, and loving. Always willing to help. Always willing to have fun. Always happy to see you. He raised my dream. He taught Josh how to be a man, a husband, a father, and someday, a grandpa. I am eternally grateful.

I look at my husband, and he makes me want to be the best wife and mother I can. My soul aches to make him the happiest he can be. I love his laugh, his confidence, and his quirks. I even love that he's a bit of a know-it-all. He's my opposite and my perfect match. Watching him with our daughter is pure joy. Making her laugh, tickling her, singing to her. He is in awe of her as she figures out the tiniest things. I love that his phone is full of pictures of her. I love that he looks forward to experiencing new things with her. I love that he'd do anything for her. I love that he sings "Mock ya ing ya bird ya ya ya". I love when he calls her "lovely lady". I love that he thinks she enjoys watching basketball with him. I love that he lets her watch him work out and talks to her the whole time. I love that my big strong man loves my little girl.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...