Sunday, March 8, 2015

Knock Me Over With A Feather


I'm about to type something I never thought I'd type again.

I'm pregnant!

Before I start explaining, I want to make something clear. This blog is not going to turn into a pregnancy blog. I promise. I remember when we were in our wait, I was reading a blog by another hopeful adoptive mom who unexpectedly became pregnant and I immediately had no desire to continue reading her blog. Infertility is not something I take lightly and I do NOT want to step on tender hearts.

I have, however, decided to celebrate this pregnancy as much as I can. That must sound strange to the average person. "Why wouldn't she celebrate a pregnancy?!" Because I'm painfully aware of what could go "wrong". Stillbirth is not something you get over. Ever. The pain fades, but you never forget the experience. So, to chronicle my attempts to look past my fear and trust God (as if He has ever let me down. Oh, Kristen of little faith.) I have started another blog in addition to this one. Follow along if you'd like. Fair warning though, this pregnancy will probably still be mentioned here and there on this blog, because it is part of our lives obviously. I would still like to keep my focus here on adoption.

 When you've experienced trial after trial for as long as we have it's easy to expect more of the same. We know God loves us. We do not doubt His power, grace, or sovereignty. We feel unspeakably blessed to get another chance at a healthy pregnancy. Although it has been said by our doctor that, since Evelyn's passing was undiagnosed, the chances of another loss are present, we remain very optimistic. God is bigger than medicine. Just the fact that I am pregnant again is a miracle

So there you have it. Intermission explained. Now go forth, and be gobsmacked at the incredible unpredictability, generosity, and power of God. 
Shock doesn't even begin to describe it.

14 comments:

  1. Oh kristen and josh and V!!!!! I am so so so excited. I know it can change, but I am so hapoy for you all and will keep y'all in my prayers! I cant wait to follow along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been on my mind a lot lately. I'm SO happy to see this. I understand the nerves and fear. I pray all will go well for this pregnancy. I'm thrilled to jump over to the new blog and see how things are going for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about emailing you a few times. I knew you'd understand. I continue to pray for you and your little one!

      Delete
  3. such wonderful news! congratulations! i look forward to reading no matter if it concerns adoption or pregnancy. both are joyous miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! It's a bit like the pot-and-the-kettle, since our blog has gone without an update for a while (again), but I was getting worried after not seeing you post for a while. Delay happily explained! This is great news, and we're excited for you! We hope all goes well for you and your growing little family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible news. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is so so exciting!! I may have squealed when I read your news :) Will definitely be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What terrific news!!!! My husband & I have adopted twice & we have friends that adopted with us & have become pregnant!! It doesn't make us any less happy for them! It is something to celebrate!!! You are in my prayers!!!!! Congratulations!!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shocked. WOW. Congratulations, Kristen! I've been wondering (worrying?) where you went and, well, now I know, haha! This scenario never occurred to me, silly me. Hoping & praying that this pregnancy is all you desire it to be! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nearly missed this announcement! Congratulations, Momma! So happy for you and your growing family! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...