Monday, November 4, 2013

Motherhood Mon.: Peace by the truck load.


Progress:
One year, six months, three weeks, six days, 50 blog posts (Yep! This is my 50th post!), almost 17,000 page views, 132 Facebook followers, 12 Twitter followers, tons of new friends made, and millions of prayers sent to heaven.

Mood:
Tired and happy. Josh took today off work and we went to Disneyland! If you haven't been able to tell yet, we really like going to Disneyland. We enjoy the atmosphere, the food, the rides, we even enjoy the lines (to a certain point) cause we just talk while we wait. Josh is my best friend. I love hearing what he has to say and he loves hearing what I have to say. Conversation has always flowed easily between us and the occasional silence is very comfortable. At this very moment, we are in our car on our way home from a happy full day. I'm typing away on my iPad and Josh is singing along to John Mayer. Bliss.

Cravings:
The chocolate covered marshmallows purchased in Downtown Disney. They wait in my bag right now, ready to be devoured upon arrival home.

Thoughts about our child:
You will be the proud owner of Mickey ears at a very young age.

Thoughts about our expectant mom:
Every time I see a pregnant woman I think of you (which was a lot today). What do your friends and family think of your choice? Do they understand how strong you are?

This week God:
Gave me peace by the truck load. Since last week when He reminded us how important prayer is, we feel an enormous sense of calm. I almost feel like we have a "due date" without knowing our due date, or even our birth mother yet. God has a due date for us. This peace has allowed me to enjoy shopping for our future child, attending my friend's baby shower, and going to Disneyland today (tons of children!) in a way I couldn't a few months ago. 

"And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:4

Read about why I started Motherhood Mondays here.

Some pictures from today's Disneyland trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...