Monday, January 6, 2014

Motherhood Monday: Bright


Progress
First Motherhood Monday of a new year!!! Hoping and praying this is the year we meet our miracle.

Mood:
I was told this morning that some people call today "blue Monday". It's the first Monday after the holiday season. Christmas has been boxed up and put away and everyone goes back to work. Apparently, this makes a lot of people feel "blue". I was kind of disappointed when I heard this. It's the first Monday of a new year! Time to be thankful for the calm after the rush. Time to be thankful for the gifts we now get to enjoy. Thankful for the job to go back to. Thankful for the memories made. Excited for the future! It's time to embrace ambiguity. A new year, soon to be our second year of waiting, brings so much hope! The longer we wait, the closer we get. 2014 is logically, more than likely, hopefully our year!! The possibilities are endless! Just one day, even one minute, can change our lives. Now we have a whole year of that possibility and uncertainty. How about instead of "blue Monday" we celebrate "bright Monday"? Our future is bright! I am trying, with everything I've got, to remember this. 

Cravings
Josh and I got a juicer for Christmas! He technically got it for me but we'll both use it. Awhile ago we watched a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. The guy in the movie loses tons of weight by going on a juice fast. He juices fruit and veggies for sixty days, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As a bonus to losing the weight, a lot of his health issues completely disappear. Josh and I don't need to lose weight but I do like the benefits for overall health. We'll only juice maybe one or two days a week but I highly recommend this documentary. Even if you don't act on it, it's just fun to watch!

Thoughts about our child:
I'm getting that familiar creativity itch. Our nursery is begging to be decorated. Every once in awhile we add a little something but, I'm in the mood to get movin'! I'm thinking about maybe a chevron pattern painted on the ceiling (like this), or maybe something interesting painted on the wall where the crib will be. I did make some updates to the dresser that I'll share later (it's a thing of beauty and deserves it's own post).

Thoughts about our expectant mom:
What does this new year mean to you? Hope? Promise? Fear? Peace? We're ready whenever you are.

This week God:
Tested me. I failed. I didn't start the year off in the best of moods. There have been multiple small uprisings of impatience, anger, and frustration. My vision of where I would be at this point in my life looked a lot different in my head. Did you catch that? My, my, my... If I were God, I woulda gotten sick of me a long time ago. Thank you God for your patience.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." 
-2 Corinthians 12:9

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Read about why I started Motherhood Mondays here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...