Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

I love Thanksgiving. It's just such a simple and happy holiday. I know there are history buffs out there that take issue with the day, but I choose to focus on the now. For us Thanksgiving is a day for good food, spending time family, and focusing on Gods blessings. Simple. And this years Thanksgiving was just as lovely as I could have hoped.

We spent our morning at home preparing my favorite vegetable tian that I've made the past few years. It's slightly time consuming just because of the prep work but ridiculously easy to make (simple is the theme of the day) and oh so yummy. All five of us in the kitchen together with music playing, the smell of onion and garlic cooking, the sound of my daughter chattering away at at the kitchen counter about whatever pops into the awesome imagination of hers. These are a few of my favorite things.

We made our way to my in-laws house for the afternoon where we ate and spent time with extended family. There were at least 25 people there so the kids got massive amounts of attention. We did our traditional go-round the table to say what we were all thankful for. High on the list this year were things like our cousin Trevin's service as a firefighter. He worked tirelessly this fire season. Trevin and his wife Ashley are also expecting their first child this December! Aunt Heather who, although she lost her home in the Santa Rosa fires, is safe and healthy after a bought of pneumonia. Cousin Camery's who endured and lived through Route91 in Las Vegas, praising God for His grace and sovereignty. Family, Gods provision, peace through stormy trials, and the comfort of home. Our family is blessed.
We had a very blessed Thanksgiving! Lots of fun, family, and food. Enjoy a little Black Friday sale in my Etsy shop!

While our older two kids stayed at my in-laws to play a little longer, Josh, Flash and I went over to my parents house for some time with more family. More blessings. My bother and his beautiful new wife, my great aunt, and cousins I haven't gotten to see in a long time. And, thanks to my mother-in-law, a little quiet time with my sleeping Flash so I could sit and have full conversations and Josh could play a game of ping-pong with my brother.

A beautiful, quiet, simple day.

Now on to the Christmas Season! A time to celebrate our biggest blessing, Jesus Christ and his simple beautiful gift of salvation. May he bless you with a joy filled rest of the year.

We had a very blessed Thanksgiving! Lots of fun, family, and food. Enjoy a little Black Friday sale in my Etsy shop!
 _______________________________________________________

Here's a little bonus for you. My first Black Friday sale! My entire shop is 15% off today. Find a fun post-Thanksgiving activity to do with your little ones. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen, a little off topic but I read in your bio on your sidebar that you home school your three kids. Could you share what that experience is like?

    Do you have set hours, etc and how do the children coporate. Would love to know as this is something we are thinking about doing.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lemarc! (are you an Oceans fan? Lol) We just started homeschooling so we're still working out how we're going to "schedule" things. I take a pretty relaxed approach to it at the moment since Squeaks isn't even four years old till Jan. Right now I do school when she asks for it. Usually only a few days a week and only as long as she want to. Sometimes she wants to do two hours, sometimes only one 10 min activity. I will definitely be writing about our homeschool journey over time though so stay tuned! ;)

      Delete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...