Monday, December 30, 2013

Motherhood Monday: Diapers


Progress:
1 year, 8 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day. Time seems to have lost some meaning in this wait though.

Mood:
It's been a good day. Josh took the day off and let me sleep in! Good man. Did some stuff around the house and then spent the day with our Air-force friends Andy and Stacie who are in town for Christmas. Only one snag in our day. Just as we were leaving for dinner a little stray dog wondered into our front yard. I'm pretty sure every stray dog in the area knows I'm a total sucker. I attract neglected animals like a magnet! I just don't have it in me to shoo them away. So we gave him a bowl of water and food, left for dinner, and called the shelter on our way. Unfortunately, they are closed til Thursday for New Years and can't come get him. Josh is not thrilled, but he's being very patient with me. Thank goodness for my friend Kristen (good name) who offered to take him tomorrow if I can't find a shelter that's open. I just get so mad at people who don't take care of their pets! They can't care for themselves and they rely on us for everything. How could you neglect such a helpless cuddly creature! Bleeding heart. Getting off my soapbox now.

Cravings:
Some kind of chips and dip. Salty. Crunchy. Mmmmmmm.

Thoughts about our child:
Ok, so I'm getting way more excited about diapers then I think the average mom does. I found the Honest Company. Yes, that is their name. So far they have not lied to me. We shall see. Just kidding. They sell baby products that contain no harsh chemicals, suppose to be better for the environment, better for baby's skin, all that good stuff. AND their diapers are super cute! While I can't call this a "product review" because I haven't had the chance to actually use the products I've purchased, I can say I really like their business style and their product so far. I was able to earn "store credit" by inviting friends to sign up and make purchases (which I then convinced them to give to me. Score!). Then, using my credit, I ordered even more! Plus the order I received just before Christmas included a free little Christmas tree sprout to plant. Cute! While my ultimate goal is to cloth diaper, doing disposables in the beginning and having them on hand for longer car rides, baby sitters, midnight-too-tired-to-mess-with-cloth-diaper situations, etc. makes sense to me. You're gonna have one cute tush kid!

Thoughts about our expectant mom:
I follow our agency director, Michelle, on Facebook. Fairly often she posts about her interactions with other birth moms (always appropriate and confidential). She is such a kind and caring person. I can't wait for you to meet her. You will never lack support and love.

This week God:
 Provided. I'm still in shock. I'm riding on a wave of resulting peace. I pray we always use His gifts wisely. I long to hear "well done, good and faithful servant."

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’"-Matthew 25:21

Read about why I started Motherhood Mondays here.


A few of my Honest goodies.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mondays! But I also like Wednesdays. And I like ... all of your blog posts. They're all my favorite. Love you. Momma.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...