Wednesday, February 12, 2014

BSF Shower and 1 Month Pictures

I've waited a LONG time to have a baby shower!!! And now I'm gonna have two!! Thanks to the lovely ladies in my BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) leaders group, my wonderful mom, and mother-in-law, we will be showered with love twice.

When my fellow BSF leaders informed me they were going to throw me a shower I thought "a few gifts, some punch..." but they really surprised me! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised though cause they are all so sweet and generous.

The shower (Dr. Seuss themed!) that my mom and mother-in-law are giving me isn't until this coming Saturday, so I'll share pictures from that one later. For now, I'll share pictures from the lovely shower thrown by my fellow BSF leaders. They really went all out.
















  They got me the cutest cake and balloons! Squeaks slept through the whole thing in her wrap.














 
Loved the decorations!
The balloons floated into our skylight and Squeaks enjoyed looking up at them from her bassinet.

A few days later, and a few days before Squeaks turned one month, our talented friend Becca (same friend who took our adoption "maternity" pictures) came over and took some beautiful pictures of our girl. I'm having a really hard time deciding which ones to frame! 

She's growing so fast and eating like crazy! She officially finished the last of the milk I pumped and we are now relying completely on donations. Thank you God for generous mothers! 
We still haven't started cloth diapering but as soon as she gets a little bigger and needs to be changed a little less often, I'll take the first stab at it. 
I did find the first down side to the wrap. I kept noticing little bits of sparkle in her hair but didn't know where they were coming from. Her head was always sparkly! Then I realized its the makeup bronzer I wear! I can't help but kiss and snuggle her perfectly round little head when she's all snugly wrapped on my chest.

3 comments:

  1. She's so pretty. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about trying to regain your milk supply by putting baby to the breast or pumping again?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...