Saturday, February 22, 2014

First Date


Josh goes back to work on Monday! We've been blessed to have him home for six weeks. It's been so nice to have him home for so long. He's been a huge help. I think I might have had to do the dishes only once in the past six weeks. He's done laundry, mopped, taken care of me and Squeaks. I have a good man. 

That being said, I'm looking forward to beginning our normal routine. I'd love it if he could be home all the time but it's just not gonna happen. Getting used to my daily activities without his help is going to be a challenge and I'm eager to get started. I've waited a long time to be a REAL stay at home mom. I'm very excited. 

Anywho, last night we decided to have our first date night as parents before he goes back to work. We had Grandma (Josh's mom) and Grammy (my mom) share the first official baby sitting job, which they loved. We decided the only movie out right now worth seeing was the Lego movie. Yes, we were the only people in the theater without our child but who cares! It was pretty cute. Not fantastic, but okay. We enjoyed it. Then we went out to dinner at a local burger place. I had some fried chicken sliders and buttermilk biscuits with coleslaw. *drool. Our dinner conversation has definitely been altered but was deep and meaningful to us. We swapped favorite-part-of-being-a-parent stories. Both of us agreed watching her personality develop is mind blowing and both of us expressed amazement at our capacity to love her SO much. The conversation turned to her bowel movements at one point and we laughed at our ability to discuss such things while eating. Receiving a text from Grandma describing an epic fart (by Squeaks, not Grandma. Haha!) made for some great laugher too. All wonderful conversation. I'll admit, it was difficult to leave her, but it was lovely to spend time with my husband. Seeing him as our daughter's father has added a whole new level to my love for him. 
Enjoying dinner together after the movie.
Home again! Had a great time but I was very happy to have her back in my arms.

4 comments:

  1. I remember our first date as parents😃 Kai was 8 months old and Michelle forced us to go and she watched him💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you three SO happy! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. So excited for you guys and happy to see you are making time for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! We went and saw The Lego Movie for my husband's birthday. We went to a 9:15 showing so there actually weren't many kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...