Thursday, March 13, 2014

Our Adoption Shower!


I am so excited to share the pictures from this special day with you! We waited a long time for this and, like I said before, this is the second of TWO showers we got to enjoy! My mom and mother-in-law worked so hard and did an amazing job putting everything together. It was the Dr. Seuss baby shower of my dreams complete with a blessing tree and heartfelt speeches.

The morning of was a bit of a rush as we realized I had a dyslexic moment when making the invites, switched a couple numbers in the address, and no one had noticed. So around seven in the morning my mom, mother-in-law, and I were all calling, texting, and emailing everyone on the guest list with the correct location. Then it was brought to our attention that a few people had never even gotten their invites! No idea what happened but we tried our best to explain they weren't forgotten and still welcome to come.

The hall where we had the shower has been the location of a few family events over the years including my father-in-law's 50th birthday party and sister-in-law's sweet sixteen. Its a lovely building. The only down side is that they don't let you hang anything on the walls, not even with tape. My mom and mother-in-law did an amazing job on the centerpieces and the food table decorations that wall decorations were completely unnecessary. We only had an hour before the party to set up so we recruited some friends and family to help. It was gorgeous.

I've never really been one for baby shower games. That one where you guess what kind of candy bar is smashed into a diaper makes me a little queazy. We decided to keep it simple and did a Boggle-style word scramble using Squeaks full name, a door prize, and speeches. I spoke first and maybe sometime soon I'll get the guts to share what I spoke about. Those of you who were there understand.  My mom followed. My mother has always had a beautiful way with words and is a super engaging speaker. Many people, including myself, have told her she needs to write a book. Hopefully someday she'll listen (*nudge!). Every part of her gets involved when she talks. She doesn't just talk with her hands, she talks with everything she's got! I loved watching and listening to her. She's going to be the type of Grammy that will read to Squeaks until she looses her voice (I know because she use to do it with me). My mother-in-law spoke last. I'm one of the blessed wives who really love their mother-in-law. She has a huge personality and is one of the most generous people I know. She's always willing to help and I'm pretty sure she'd give her right arm to Squeaks if she wanted it. Listening to her speak about her full heart and the support she's received over the past few years was a blessing to me. Squeaks has the best grandparents!

We were beyond blessed and everyone was so generous. Squeaks has a great library of cute books now and she'll have a full wardrobe practically till she turns one! We had such a great time celebrating with all our wonderful friends and family. Thank you all! 



5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful shower and the weather was gorgeous. It was all so perfect. Glad I could be a part of it all. Love you guys :) ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful. Dr Seuss themes are so much fun. I have a post with lots of pictures on themed foods. I look forward to further reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see someone wearing that Dr. Seuss onesie that you once pictured in your nursery closet! Squeaks is a beautiful little girl! Yay adoption!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...