Saturday, September 7, 2013

Your move God


Bible Study Fellowship is about to start back up (I mentioned BSF  here too). This year we're studying the book of Matthew, which I am very much looking forward to. Last year we did Genesis. Anyone going through the waiting period of adoption (or just waiting for anything really) should read Genesis. From Noah to Joseph, everyone was waiting for something. Noah waited for the flood. Abraham and Sarah waited for Isaac. Isaac waited for Rebekah. Rebekah waited for children while her sister got pregnant over and over and over. Joseph waited in the well, waited in Potiphar's house, waited in prison, and waited to be reunited with his family. God had a specific plan for them all and never went back on a promise. His plan was always fulfilled. The Bible is full of waiting. Can't wait to see His plan for our family!(Haha! See what I did there!? Silly.)
Waiting has by far been the most difficult part of the adoption process. I can do paperwork all day, even though its frustrating and time consuming, I could do it. Waiting, not being able to contribute at all to the progress of things, not knowing who this person is out in the world somewhere, unsure of her future and her child's future. Not being able to comfort her. Waiting to meet this child I have wanted for five years (well, longer. I've always wanted to be a mom). Focusing on the wealth of information God has given us in His word is very helpful. I want to be fully planted in Him. I was given some good advice awhile ago. You wouldn't start a marriage thinking "I'll be more patient, happy, sane (insert anticipated emotion here) as soon as I'm married. I just need to be married and that will fix everything." Doesn't work that way. I need to be content, happy, rooted in God's love before our child arrives. I want to be as prepared as I can be. I am in good company while I wait. Waiting will make me a better mother. I don't always do it gracefully. Josh is a constant witness to that. He not only has to deal with his own waiting, but also mine. I don't hide emotion well. Which I guess can be good and bad. I justify it as extreme honesty. Haha! Maybe that's another reason I'm being called to wait. To get a grip! 


“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.  

For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit."

 Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will 
mount up with wings  like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary." 

Isaiah 40:31 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding. 

In all your ways acknowledge Him,  
And He will make your paths straight. " 
Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

  1. This song somehow always helps when I'm waiting on God to make the next move. I hope this helps you too <3 Love you!

    "While I'm waiting
    I will serve You
    While I'm waiting
    I will worship
    While I'm waiting
    I will not faint
    I'll be running the race
    Even while I wait..."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song has amazing lyrics and is a real encouragement. Wonderful choice, Stacie!

    Kristen, I continue to admire how you translate your thoughts and feelings into written words for this blog. God is doing a mighty work in you while you wait on His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment and let us know what you thought of our post. Feel free to share it as well. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...